Completing your answer sheet
Download a sample answer sheet for instructions at the bottom of this page
Instructions on test day:
Read the instructions on how to fill out your answer sheet correctly
- Mark an X for correct answers
- Darken box thoroughly for corrections
- Use a black or blue pen or thin felt tip.
Ensure your answer sheet has a bracket in each corner
- If your answer sheet is misprinted (i.e., without brackets), ask the professor for an extra answer sheet and discard the test answer sheet you printed without brackets.
Completing the top section of your answer sheet
- If you are using an answer sheet provide by your professor, you must also fill out your name and mark your student ID
- For a test with more than one test version, mark an X of the test version. If there is only one test version, you can leave the boxes blank.
Take test and provide completed answer sheets to your professor
Your professor will provide you a written test and have you mark responses to questions on the answer sheets similar to the way testing is done with scantrons.
- Unlike scantrons, an X represent correct answers and darkened boxes are for corrections.
Once you've completed the test, turn in you answer sheets to your teacher for scoring.