Step 4 - assign grades
GradeHub allows you to assign grades as a raw score or custom scale. Once you determine the distribution type, GradeHub calculates grades, updates faculty reports, and provides students their scores.
- Log in to GradeHub
- Complete the Answer Key and Verify Responses steps
- Select the class and exam you want to assign grades
- Select the Assign Grades button under the exam (e.g., ECON 1 Introduction to Economics)
Assign raw scores without letter grades
- Select the Raw/No Grade radio button to provide students a raw point score only.
- Many teachers use this option when all points received from assignments, class participation, quizzes, and exams are accumulated, analyzed, and assigned a final letter grade based on a derived scale (e.g., a curve) at the end of the term.
- Select Release Grades
Assign grades on a scale
- Select the Standard/Custom radio button to view and assign grades on a standard (A, A-, B+...F) scale or your own custom scale.
- The Grading Scale screen has columns for the Grade, Start %, and a distribution for the number/% of Students that will receive the respective grade.
- To assign grades on a Standard scale:
- Review the distribution
- Next, select Release Grades
- To assign grades on a Custom scale:
- Select the Clear button to remove the Standard scale cut scores
- Enter the Grade (e.g., A, P, or any other value) and the lower cutoff percentage for the respective scale (e.g., 80 for an A, as shown below)
- To the left, notice the number and percentage of students that will receive the grade
- You can change the lower bound of each grade cutoff to create a custom scale or curve by inputting the cut score or using the up or down arrows.
- When you are satisfied with the custom distribution, select Release Grades.
- Once you Release Grades, students receive instant feedback. We receive positive comments from students that the Exam Result report lets them know how they did on a particular exam and where they stand in the class throughout the term. The student Exam Results includes:
- Thier score - Raw/possible points (percentage)
- Average score
- Incorrect Responses - item number only
- Class histogram