Step 1 - create answer key
You can easily set up your answer key on GradeHub:
- Log in to GradeHub
- Select the class and test you want to create a key for
- Select the Make or update test key icon
Multiple correct response types
- Click the radio button with the correct answers for each question and then select Save. The default option for multiple-choice responses is the student must choose the one correct response to receive credit. You do not need to make changes to the response type (below) if you are using a single correct response for your question.
As with most tests you write, the default option in GradeHub’s answer key is “choose one” response. You can change from the “choose one” response type in the answer key by clicking on the upside-down triangle ▼ next to each question number and then selecting a different option in the drop-down menu. You have the following test question options to accommodate multiple correct responses to a question:
- Choose one (default option) – the student must choose the one correct response to receive credit
- Choose all – the student must choose all of the correct responses to receive credit (up to five)
Choose any – the student can choose any of the correct responses to get credit (up to five)
An example of our multiple-response-type feature using an Introduction to Accounting question follows:
4. Which of the following affects both the balance sheet and the income statement?
(A) Purchase of inventory
(B) Amortization of prepaid insurance
(C) Collection of accounts receivable
(D) Retirement of a machine
(E) Declaration of a cash dividend
In the accounting question, above, let’s say you initially selected “choose one” with B as the only correct answer. Amortization of prepaid insurance clearly affects both the balance sheet and income statement. After the test, a student points out that D is also correct for question number 4 under certain circumstances. Machine retirements may affect both the income statement and balance sheet if the machine is not fully depreciated. Since you didn’t clarify if the machine was fully depreciated or not, you decide to give credit for D too. At this point, all you need to do in GradeHub is to go back into your key, select the triangle, change the test response type to “choose any,” select both B and D, and then press “save.” All students that responded B or D will be given credit for answering question 4 correctly and all reports are recalculated automatically.
Create answer keys for multiple versions of a test
- You can add up to 5 test versions of a give test.
- To create a new answer key for a test version select the Answer Key dropdown box.
- The default answer key for a single test version is Answer Key "A."
- Add additional test versions with the Answer Key B through E options.
- Follow step 4.1 above to create the new answer key.
Student answer sheets
- When students take the test and mark a test version (see example below), GradeHub automatically applies the marked key. If there is only one test key, GradeHub automatically assumes Answer Key “A.”
- There’s no need to sort your test by key before scanning.
- You can change the key marked by the student after testing or add a key for those students that forgot to indicate the test version in the Student Analysis and Correction report. Here is a sample of the blank answer sheet. When students print their forms, we automatically complete their name and student ID to eliminate bubbling errors that frequently occur with student IDs.
Update answer keys
- You can change the key at any time, and GradeHub will rescore your test automatically.
- Once you're done creating your answer key, you can move onto the next step and upload student tests - see Step 2 - upload student tests for instructions.